Friday, June 4, 2010

04 MAY 10 letter

How are you all doing this week? I am pleased to announce that Elder Cranney is feeling much better and we are going at it full boar once again. The heat is still on the rise, yesterday marked the start of the infamous "Kathri" or the time when heat stroke is a killer. The time period is two weeks, I spent the last one in Chennai so I am fairly certain I'll make it through this one. Ha.
The past week was refreshing. After a few less productive days, due to illness, we were able to get out and go. We have been trying to meet all the people we're working with, but right now our focus is finding. We are getting on the streets and looking for the right people. India is a great country to serve in. There are streets that I have walked down hundreds of times and I have probably contacted 5% of the people who live there. Ha and I know what you're thinking but its not because I am lazy. There are just so many people in this country. There is always another door to knock or person to talk to. I am so grateful for that.

Antony and his family ran into some problems and are probably not going to be able to get baptized anytime soon. Family problems got to be too much for his mother, so she is refusing to allow them to be baptized. We spoke with their aunt on the phone the other morning and she was quite angry. Very sad for Antony because he had such a strong testimony, but I am sure that his time will come. Anyway, like I said, there are a TON of people here and we're on our way to finding the next prepared families. That is about all for this week. I hope you are doing well. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love,
Josh

No comments: