Thursday, June 10, 2010

10 JUN 10 letter

Dear Family,

It is good to hear that everyone is doing well back home. It is interesting to receive these e-mails. Each one of you has so many different things to say. While I lived at home I did not get this kind of information, at least not at this level of detail. I like it. You all have so many wonderful things going on in your lives. I feel that though I'm on the other side of the world, I know what's going on in your lives. Over this period of time I am able to see what things are most important to you. So i am grateful for this opportunity to communicate in a different way. I almost feel that I know each one of you better than I did before I left, especially Mom and Dad. Now that's ironic.

So this past week was incredible. We flew in from Chennai this morning. We had been there for the past 5 days or so. I had an opportunity to go on exchange with my MTC companion Elder Shepherdson. He is a Zone Leader down there and he tears it up. We had a miracle that day. In the afternoon we had an appointment fall through and I suggested that we go and visit a former investigator, someone I had taught while I served there over a year ago. We went and tried to find his house, and that took much longer than I thought because I got us lost. Finally we found their house and he wasn't there so they called him. Five minutes later he shows up with his best friend who happens to be a recent convert to the church. The former's name is Sri Nivas, anyway we sat down with them and it was amazing. Sri Nivas had not been baptized before due to family problems, but his friend had gone through similar problems to join the church. That example gave him courage and he had made a promise in his heart that if the elders ever came back to his house he would be baptized. Well, we came and he is going to be baptized. That was an amazing experience I thought to share with you.

It was great to be back in Chennai, it was raining so that was a saving grace. Zone Conference was really good and I like being able to hear it multiple times. It is President's last one and he is really giving a good training. It was great to see the elders down there and be with them. I am doing my best to pick up everything, I am grateful for Elder Singh. He is so patient with me, and that's not always the easiest thing to be when you're around me. So I hope that everyone is enjoying their summer holidays. Let me know if you have any questions. I hope these reports are sufficient.

Love,
Elder Tuscano

No comments: