Friday, June 4, 2010

18 MAY 10 letter

This past week was pretty cool. Right now I am in Bangalore and we just finished our last Zone Leaders Council with President Nichols. It was incredible. I honestly cannot express my gratitude for my opportunity to serve a mission and to serve under President Nichols. We talked today about stewardship and accountability. It was an inredible day and I hope that I can apply the things that I am learning now and will continue to learn.

Last week we found a sweet Hindu family. We had just waltzed into their apartment complex and this brother was sitting there with his wife. He had on this traditional swamy lungee(spelling?) but he immediately invited us in. I was a little apprehensive at his welcoming nature becuase I thought he was paka hindu. But it turns out that he was down and really thirsting for knowledge. As we shared the message of the restoration it seemed like we were just reminding him about it rather than teaching. I have only felt that way a few times on my mission. We went back for the return appointment and he had torn apart the pamphlet, he was telling us about the need for the restoration to end the great apostasy. Ha and his family is sweet too. His son has been going to churches for while. Check this out, his daughter has skipped about 5 grades! She is 19 and just about to finish her masters degree...Uh, I felt pretty dumb when I told her that I've only completed one year of school.

Great things are happening here in Visak. Transfers were postponed for a few reasons but they will happen next week, calls come this week though.

That is about all I have to say for now. Hope you all have a nice week!

Love you,
Elder Tuscano

No comments: