Thursday, March 25, 2010

time flies...

Dear Family,

My time here in Visak with Elder Ward is flying. We are having a great time together. I am so grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to work in this city with such a good friend.

This past week was fun. As I reflect on it there are not too many things that happened which would be that great for me to share with you. I received that Warrior Newsletter finally and I can’t believe how many of my friends are close to returning home. I hope that each one of them is able to finish strong and get all that they can out of their missionary service. I am grateful that I still have a significant amount of time left. I am working hard to savor every minute I have out here.

We have been doing a lot of finding lately. As I have mentioned previously, I love finding. It is always an adventure. In our zone we are working on finding and teaching Hindu families. Here in India it can become a habit for elders to only find and teach Christians. It is much easier to work with Christians. It is a different experience while teaching a Hindu family. They don’t understand the nature of God, but when they are able to understand it-something incredible happens. I have watched some people as we teach them the doctrine of prayer; how they can speak with God themselves and that God will respond to them. In Preach My Gospel it teaches us how prayer is “two-way communication.” We have been exerting our efforts with these people here in hope that they can understand this principle. There is literally some kind of light that turns on when a person is able to understand this concept. We all are children of God, and as such, we have the opportunity to speak with him at anytime. As I watch that light turn on in others, my testimony of prayer is refreshed. I’ve been inspired to put more effort into my prayers. I am pleased to say that in doing so I am growing much closer to our Father in Heaven. I love you all and hope you are experiencing the power of prayer in your lives.

As I observe families here and talk with elders about their families at home I have come to realize something I never did before. Our family is way solid. You have done an incredible job. I remember listening to Elder Bednar’s talk in General Conference and recalling how our family consistently did the things he mentioned. I know nothing else but these good habits so I will obviously instill them within my own family because they WORK! Thanks again for being so diligent with that.

Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Tuscano

No comments: